Literacy Stations - Spelling Station Ideas

Today I'm going to share some ideas for Spelling Station. This could be used for most grade levels with any list of spelling words.

Spelling Station has always been one of my favorite stations.  In second grade, I have my students complete their work in a spiral notebook that it for Literacy Station activities.  Students could complete these activities on a blank page of paper or on a white board, too.  I've also used many of these activities in first grade.  For this station, I do print our list of spelling words each week and put them in a sheet protector. Students take the spelling list, task cards, and their notebook and get to work!



Here are some I Can options for Spelling Station:

  • I can decorate my spelling words. (students are able to use markers and crayons and write their spelling words with block letters, bubble letters, designs, etc.)
  • I can practice my spelling words on a white board. 
  • I can write my words using magnets. (This was a popular one in 1st grade)
  • I can use my words in a sentence or a story.
  • I can put my words in ABC order.
  • I can stamp my spelling words. (Another popular option in 1st grade).
  • I can write my words three times.





Thank you for reading my post about Spelling Station.  Check back Thursday for information on Other Station Ideas that you could use in your classroom including: Boggle Station, Making Words Station, ABC Station, and more.

Check out past Literacy Station blog posts:
Introduction
Set-Up

4 comments:

  1. This is a great way to have students complete their spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this idea for Spelling Station. Its very helpful for students. I will use this idea for my baby. Now its time to avail Kabou taxi cab services in Southfield Mi for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this informative article with us. I enjoyed reading every single bit of this article. I am expecting the next blog from you. Now its time to avail roller shutter repairs for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Affiliate marketing is a form of digital marketing or advertising associate advertising has emerged as a powerful.

    ReplyDelete