Holiday Activities for the Classroom

I know how crazy the last few days/week before winter break can be. We are entering crazy times teachers and we need to have as many fun, educational activities in our back pocket ready to go as we can.

So, here are a few things I will be using with my class this week....



Christmas Writing Prompts - This is a FREEBIE in my TPT Store.  It includes two writing prompts that are focused on personal narratives.  Great way to incorporate writing into the holiday excitement.


Candy Cane Science Lab - I did this activity with my class last year and will be starting it this week. We've been learning about lab reports during Writing Workshop and this is a fun science experiment to do this time of year. Check out my blog post on it....here...

Olive, the Other Reindeer Book Study - This is a cute story and my students love hearing it every year.  This book study is now in my TPT Store. It includes comprehension questions and four different writing prompts. This could be used whole group or as a small group activity.


Christmas Story Problems - We will be starting these today.  I love using holiday story problems as one of my rotations during our daily math time.  The kids love that they are themed and fitting of the season.  The Christmas Story Problems include addition and subtraction problems with and without regrouping.


Winter Story Problems - I will actually be using these when we return to school in January, but if your school focuses on winter instead of the specific holidays - these story problems would be great. These can be used whole group, small group, or at a math center.  These winter themed problems focus on ice skating, hot chocolate, snowmen, etc.  Includes addition and subtraction problems.

Hope these activities and ideas help with the last bit of school before break. I'm down to 7.5 days left with students. We can do it teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment